Skip to content
Scroll To Top
California Transitional Kindergarten Case Study
- Burchinal, Margaret, Nathan Vandergrift, Robert Pianta, and Andrew Mashburn. “Threshold Analysis of Association Between Child Care Quality and Child Outcomes for Low-Income Children in Pre-Kindergarten Programs.” Early Childhood Research Quarterly 25, no. 2. (2nd Quarter 2010): 166–76.
- California Health and Human Services Agency. “Master Plan for Early Learning and Care: California for All Kids.” (December 2020).
- California Legislative Analyst’s Office. “Narrowing California’s K-12 Student Achievement Gaps.” (January 31, 2020).
- Carver-Thomas, Desiree, Dion Burns, Melanie Leung-Gagné, and Naomi Ondrasek, “Teacher Shortages During the Pandemic: How California Districts are Responding.” Palo Alto, CA: Learning Policy Institute. January 26, 2022.
- Fensterwald, John, Michael Burke, Zaidee Stavely, and Sydney Johnson. “Lawmakers, Newsom Cut Deal on State Budget: Record Spending on Pre-K Through College.” EdSource, June 26, 2021.
- Fuller, Bruce. “A Conversation with Bruce Fuller.” Interview by California Schools, California Schools, California School Board Association: Spring 2022.
- Hatfield, Bridget E., Margaret R. Burchinal, Robert C. Pianta, and John Sideris. “Thresholds in the Association Between Quality of Teacher–Child Interactions and Preschool Children’s School Readiness Skills.” Early Childhood Research Quarterly 36, (3rd Quarter 2016): 561-71.
- National Institute for Early Education Research. “The State of Preschool Yearbook 2021.” New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University, 2021.
- Reardon, Sean F., Christopher Doss, Josh Gagné, Rebecca Gleit, Angela Johnson, and Victoria Sosina, “Getting Down to Facts II: A Portrait of Educational Outcomes in California.,” Stanford University, Rand Corporation, (September 2018), 30.
- Slovick, Abigail, Carla Bryant, Chunhan Huang, and Bruce Fuller. “Transitional Kindergarten in California: Early Growth and Uneven District Capacity.” Berkeley, CA: Children’s Forum. (2022).
- Manship, Karen, Aleksandra Holod, Heather Quick, Burhan Ogut, Iliana Brodziak de los Reyes, Jennifer Anthony, Jodi Jacobson Chernoff, et al. “The Impact of Transitional Kindergarten on California Students.” San Mateo, CA: American Institutes of Research: (June 2017).